11: Postcards

As winter approached, I sent some postcards to some people I love. I figured they would enjoy a bit of Korean poetry. (Or, at least I would enjoy finding and sharing some.) While I do get goosebumps from a good poem now and then, I rarely seek that particular thrill.

Below are some wintry lines I liked.

December 4, 2016


PS I'll be leaving Korea in two weeks. While my stay hasn't proved terribly pleasant, of course, I'm trying to savor my last days here. Despite a steady desire to get outta here, I believe it's important to depart sweetly. So? Lingering on my couch with Murakami and a steamy mug of rooibos. Crunching salty seaweed before pushing my body at the gym. Quiet Saturday mornings. Cozy Wednesday evenings. Dog cafés. More Murakami.

Soon, the last five months will become a hazy, crappy dream I once lived. I'll forget how much much of it sucked. And how sick I felt at times. And adrift.

But, I am terribly proud of myself. Among innumerable downs, I've stayed decently afloat. Okay. Hopeful. Patient. Resilient.

Curry? I'll provide it myself.



/



/



/



/



/



/



/



/



/



/



/

2 comments:

  1. These are just lovely. and yes, they give me goosebumps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm immeasurably proud of you, too. You've handled the situation with grace and humor and incredible self-care. You are resilient, a dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated :)